Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Summer Recap...
Wow, where do I even begin? I am one lucky lady to be where I am in life right now. I am immensely blessed by a wonderful God with a wonderful family, loving friends, and a job(s) that support and provide for my needs. What else could I ask for? (except maybe a husband, hahaha).
This summer was definitely one for the books. I don't think I will ever forget all the happenings of the past 9-10 weeks. I was blessed to work with The Park ministry at my church again this summer. Wow! What a summer it was. God did some AMAZING orchestrating of the staff and we were able to bond awesome style. If any of you are reading this, I am so thankful that God has put you in my life. You have all made a lasting impact on who I am and you will always be wonderful friends. Thank you for the amazing summer!
God worked in crazy awesome ways at The Park this year. I was challenged in so many ways and stretched more than I ever thought I could be, but in the end, it was so worth it to see the smiles on faces of beautiful children that God created and that He loves immensely. I am so thankful to have been a part of this program for the past five years. It is through the eyes of these kids that I have found God's purpose for my life.
Well, on another note, I am officially a college graduate! Finally! I don't know if that will ever stop sounding good, haha. It has taken a long time to get to this point, but I wouldn't trade anything on my journey. It has been a wonderful one and each instance along the journey has molded me, made me who I am, and brought me to where I am now.
I started out the month of May attending my college graduation in Lynchburg, VA. It was an amazing, whirlwind of an adventure, but I'm so glad I decided to go. What a great experience. The campus was beautiful, and my wonderful momma and good friend Becky came along with me to watch me graduate. There were so many people there. It literally took over an hour for the processional. Thankfully the degrees were presented in a smaller setting with just your individual "schools". And there, I finally walked across the stage. :) Good Times :)) Also - I had a great small get together to celebrate my graduation and was so blessed and encouraged by those who were there. Thank you ! :)
After finishing up a summer class I am now waiting for my diploma in the mail and waiting to start my masters. I will be starting September 17 on my masters in Human Services (which is like social work). I'm pretty stoked. The classes I'll be taking sound super interesting to me and I think I will enjoy them.
In the mean time, I am still working at the Lone Star and hoping to get an apartment of my own very soon :) So, prayer for my journey to finding a job as I send out resumes would be much appreciated. Also just future plans in general please keep in prayer.
Thank you all for your continued love, friendship, and support. You're great! Keep coming back here and reading up on me. I'll be updating more frequently now :)
Thanks y'all !
- Linds